Although many things in the world have changed in the last few years, chairman of sambaXP Jeremy Allison stated in his welcome note that „Open Source survives“. After two years of remote events it was great to meet everyone live at sambaXP 2023 at the Hotel FREIZEIT IN in Goettingen, Germany. From May 10-11 people from all over the world passionate about Samba exchanged the latest developments and talked about all things related to Samba.
Among others, these interesting presentations can be re-watched:
- Alexander Bokovoy & Andreas Schneider (Red Hat / Samba Team): Samba AD / MIT Kerberos: path out of experimental
- Volker Lendecke (SerNet / Samba Team): SMB3 POSIX Extensions: Reparse Points current status
- Douglas Bagnall (Catalyst IT / Samba Team): Active Directory Claims and conditional ACEs: how do they work and what are they for?
- Bradley M. Kuhn (Software Freedom Conservancy): GPL Compliance for Samba in Consumer Devices
- Tom Talpey: Beyond Microsoft – Keynote
The following presentations within the IO Track of the Microsoft team can also be re-watched:
- Hagit Galatzer: Introduction to The Microsoft Interoperability Commitment
- Jinlin Xu: Integrate the Power of Office365 through Co-Auth and File Synchronization Protocols
- Michael Bowen: Use the Capabilities of Azure Artificial Intelligence with the Open XML SDK to Protect Personally Identifiable Information
- Obaro Ogbo & Amalachukwu Offia: File Sharing test suites overview and demo
- Steve French: SMB3.1.1 POSIX Extensions & SMB3.1.1 improvements to the Linux client
Save the Date
Next year’s sambaXP will be held from April 16-18, 2024 as a remote event. On the first day there will be a webinar by Stefan Kania. Stay updated at https://sambaxp.org.