SerNet provides SAMBA+ software packages for IBM's AIX Unix operating system. SAMBA+ AIX consists of a tar ball with an installation script. This minimizes dependencies on third-party libraries or other external package sources. The superiority over conventional AIX packages is also reflected in mature tests and regular updates.
The packages for AIX are based on SerNet's many years of experience. Our own Samba team has already worked several times on the realization of individual customer projects with Samba for AIX as well as the porting of Samba software for different Unix distributions.
SAMBA+ AIX can be purchased as a subscription with a term of 1, 2 or 3 years in the SAMBA+ shop.
Among others, the following features are supported:
- integrated solution for unified identity, privileged access management and activity auditing – this leverages your existing investments in identity infrastructure
- Member of the Samba server in an Active Directory domain
(important for rights & identity management and overall compliance)
- latest protocol version SMB 3
- timely security updates and bug fixes releases
- high flexibility in installation and administration
- no dependencies on third-party libraries or other external package sources
- GPFS Support (beta)
- Tivoli Storage Manager Support
- support for hardware accellerated compression on supported Power9 and Power10 platforms
- AIX 7
Compared to other packages available, SAMBA+ AIX offers further advantages:
- built with the native IBM compiler instead of "gcc"
- built on and for AIX 7.x (packages built for AIX 6 may have compatibility issues)
- reliable winbind functionality, even for modern Active Directory domains
- minimal dependencies to other AIX packages
In addition, Support Budgets can be purchased to quickly and easily access the expertise of SerNet's Samba team.
For sambaXP 2021 Björn Jacke, longtime member of the international Samba Team and SerNet's AIX expert, has hosted a tutorial. We provide the recording of "Integrate SAMBA+ AIX in an existing AD domain" in our YouTube channel.