SerNet provides SAMBA+ software packages for IBM's AIX Unix operating system. SAMBA+ AIX consists of a tar ball with an installation script. This minimizes dependencies on third-party libraries or other external package sources.
The SAMBA+ AIX packages are based on SerNet's many years of experience. The own Samba team has already worked several times on the realization of individual customer projects with Samba for AIX as well as the porting of Samba software for different Unix distributions.
SAMBA+ AIX can be purchased as a subscription with a term of 1, 2 or 3 years in the SAMBA+ shop. Among others, the following features are supported:
- Member of the Samba server in an Active Directory domain
(important for rights & identity management and overall compliance)
- latest protocol version SMB 3
- frequent security updates and bug fixes releases
- high flexibility in installation and administration
- no dependencies on third-party libraries or other external package sources
- GPFS Support (beta)
- Tivoli Storage Manager Support
- AIX 7
Compared to other packages available in the network, SAMBA+ AIX offers further advantages:
- built with the native IBM compiler instead of "gcc"
- built on and for AIX 7.x (packages built for AIX 6 may have compatibility issues)
- reliable winbind functionality, even for modern Active Directory domains
- minimal dependencies to other AIX packages
The administration of the subscription as well as the download of SAMBA+ AIX is done via the open source system OPOSSO.
The SAMBA+ subscription also includes access to all other standard SAMBA+ software packages for Linux provided by SerNet.